Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Trimming the tree

 


This is one of the 4 FHE (Family Home Evenings) we have before Christmas. starting with the 4th Monday before Christmas. We had a lot of fun opening all the boxes with stored treasures and memories. We also had hot chocolate because we live in Utah not Hawaii.
Bill took control of the camera and so I didn't realize until I was loading all the pictures on the computer that I didn't have my usually picture of each of the boys putting an ornament on the tree. We may have to do some re-creating before the tree comes down. It was really great to have the tree in our family room, I was a little disappointed once the season progressed that it didn't look like Christmas much when you first came into our house and am hoping to have enough money to get a tree in the front room too. I think we will have our traditional tree in the family room with all the meaningful ornaments from year to year. Next year I would like to have a really pretty tree in the front room, but we will have to see.
We get a new ornament every year. Sadly our Angel Moroni met a horrible demise one night while the older kids were tending the younger ones. And as many mothers know, not a one of them knows what happened and there were a lot of "not me's" uttered so that will have to be replaced, but no one seems to have them anymore.
We had a great time decorating and what has become a tradition by default we watch the movie "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. This year I had to make a modification and the movie couldn't be turned on until the tree was put together and they had started putting ornaments on and then had to keep reminding them that I would have to turn it off if they couldn't keep decorating. A lot of it was finished the next day while they were all at school. You would think we never allow TV on in our house.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Bill did a great job with the camera! I don't think you need to re-create anything, the pics look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so pretty. That room makes it look smaller than I remember. When it was in the front room it seemed to take up half the room. I am jealous of your space. I miss hot chocolate. So Bill can have some solace in that. :) Is that a huge TV I saw on the wall?

    ReplyDelete