Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NEW YEARS EVE








We have a family tradition that I am not sure how it started or even when it started, but it has been at least 3-4 years maybe longer we have Chinese for dinner. It has been longer because the first time was by accident we had Panda express at home and did that for a year or two, then they starting closing early so for the last 3-4 years we have gone to Chinese Gourmet.
It is something we all look forward to and New Years is beginning to be one of my very favorite holidays. I know it is Bill's. For one thing now I don't cook and I love that and now the kids are all old enough they can go up and fix there own plate and I just have to help Heber a bit not to get just treats (I actually have to help a few of them with that).
Then we come home and watch a movie and turn it to Dick Clarke's countdown on TV for the last 10-15 minutes before midnight and then go out on the porch and bang pots and pans and sometimes if we have fireworks left over we do them.
This year we didn't watch the countdown we just played video games together and then banged on pans.

6 comments:

  1. You already know my feelings on this. I hate New Year's Eve. Sam's birthday is the only saving grace. I agree with the chinese food, that sounds yummy... but... we are almost always in bed (our kids are certainly in bed - maybe that will change when they're older, maybe.) and watching tv and we usually go to bed shortly after--as soon as all those #@#$%@ neighbors stop with their pan banging and the fireworks!:)
    Michael calls me a scrooge, he doesn't hold contempt for the holiday like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND another comment... seeing as how you are counting comments.

    What?! No pic of BJ... usually you have all of your boys represented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another just to be obnoxious...

    but my word verification last time (in order to comment) was lowdi which I thought was funny and ironic (get it LOUD-Y,lowdi... )

    See... 3 comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I don't have to cook either. Lyle gets frustrated with New Years bacause he wants to play games until early morning and he can't find some one willing to that. Maybe when the kids get a bit older. :) I love traditions. It is nice to hear what everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS JUDY!! Everyone elses blogs always have a bunch of comments, but mine is always 2, one from Judy and one from Jeanna (or zero). BJ has his back turned on all of the pictures, I think it is a teenage thing. I'll have to make sure he doesn't escape next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and yes, I am one of those @#$%#%$^ neighbors, lately we only do pans but that is mostly only because we don't have fireworks.

    ReplyDelete