Thursday, January 1, 2009

Nativity scene

 

Bill's grandma made this ceramic nativity scene (she made 3 sets, one for her and one for each of her kids). I always loved it because it reminded me of my grandma. When Bill's grandma died we were given her set. We have never had any room to put them out, but this year we had the perfect spot. In fact when we contemplated adding on this wall and a shelf like this was what I really wanted. This shelf is now our holiday brag shelf and I put different things here every holiday and when the kids bring things home from scouts or school I display them here. It is one of my favorite places in the whole house.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful set. I love nativity sets. I am a little particular about my baby Jesus' though. Lyle says I am "too picky". So therefore it has taken a while to find one that I really like. Actually I counted this year and we now have seven. Two are ornaments so Lyle says they don't really count. Anyway, it is a beautiful nativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you end up getting it then?

    It sure is beautiful! Bill's grandma did a great job.

    ReplyDelete