Friday, February 27, 2009

I hope this isn't a trend . . .





So back at the first of January Ammon had me sign a piece of paper saying that he had a science fair project. I don't remember signing it except that for some reason my kids think just as we are walking out the door is the perfect time to have me sign things. Maybe they think I will quickly sign and forget whatever it is (maybe they know me too well). So yesterday as I just got home from the doctor with a sinus infection, bronchitis and my lungs sounding questionable I talked to Bill on the phone. He was bringing pizza home for dinner and even though he had a ton of bishopric stuff to do he would set the kids up so they were taken care of and do homework with them when he got home so I should take my medicine that causes drowsiness. I did. Well then Ammon and Carson get home from school and Ammon reminds me that he has a science fair project . . . and it's due tomorrow, and Carson has tons of homework and a nasty note from his teacher about his reading minutes.
Ammon and I work like crazy to do a science fair project, we look on the Internet for what seems like forever for some sort of idea that is EASY. I find a couple that I think will work, but he is determined to do something with magnets and levitation.
We finally compromise on seeing if there really is Iron in cereal, you check with magnets. We do the experiment and lay it out, work like crazy all night long while Carson reads, Bill gets home and helps Carson with his homework while Ammon and I finish working on his project. Ammon goes to bed while I fight with the printer to get the pictures to print (which takes hours). We get to bed late, We finish in the morning, I take the other kids to school while Ammon finishes gluing and I take him to school late, check him in and head to his class to find out when the fair is . . . .and what do I find out . . . the fair was last week. He had until today to turn in his report late or get a zero in science and would have gotten an A+ but since it was late got and A-.
It turned out pretty good considering all that and now 24 hours later I am SOOOOOO ready for some sleep. Maybe tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW! I love those notes on the way to school. Science Fair project looks great!

    ReplyDelete