Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Superbowl




So if I ever had a free trip or money that I didn't need to spend anywhere, it would be to take the family on a nice vacation to Disneyworld or to go to the Superbowl. I love a good game of football and love the Superbowl food, guacamole is one of my favorite things.
We do a little Superbowl party at our house. We have done it a couple of times at friends or families, but have enjoyed the last few years keeping it low-key. Jeffrey has come over for the last 2 years. This year was our first year in our big family room. I'm still strict about food in the TV room 1/2 so we ate along one side of the table.
This year it was exciting because the Steelers were in it. Taft has decided to completely boycott Steelers and go for the Raiders and anyone who goes against the Steelers. We have been more than supportive even though we hate the Raiders (mostly because of the gangs taking over the Raiders), but after Taft and Jeffrey got carried away with their unsportsmanlike conduct I think that all civilities are off.
It was a very good game, a little too tense for me. If anyone has ever seen King of Queens, there is an episode where Carry keeps cheating and she can't figure out why and then there is a flash back of her dad beating her and then standing up and screaming "winner" (pointing to himself) - "looser" (pointing to her). Well I found that completely appropriate at the end of the game to have Bill, myself, BJ, Carson and Heber line up on one side of the room and Taft, Jeffrey and Ammon on the other side and point to us and say "winners" and point to them and say "losers". Probably not very mature or in keeping "sabbath day holy" like, but it was all in good fun. I apologized afterwards. All in all a very fun day and we enjoyed a little competitive natured ribbing.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun, and I hope you NEVER EVER EVER have a Make-A-Wish opportunity (because someone is usually dying to get those opportunities).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT mean it like that to have a make a wish opportunity. That was worded very badly. I am going to change it. I meant if I were to win something.

    ReplyDelete