Monday, November 10, 2008

20 Years . . . and counting . . .


Today is our 20 year Anniversary . . . I can't believe it has been that long. In some ways it seems like we have always been married and in other ways it seems like we are still newly weds. Since it is FHE (family home evening) we took the kids with us on our "romantic" night out. Bill had a gift card from his parents to the El Matador, a restaurant that they have been going to since Bill was a little boy. It was really fun. It is up in Bountiful so it was a full night, we came home and had Ice-cream and now as all parents do with young kids we are doing homework. Maybe this weekend we will be able to have a quiet date together.

I am so grateful and lucky to be married to the most wonderful man. My life is wonderful and aside from a few minor issues, missing my mom a lot and just regular struggles of trying to stay on a budget and keep the kids taken care of and healthy and trying to stay patient we have a GREAT life.

So much for a big celebration for our 20th, we will try again on our 25th. It seems like big miles stones like our 5th and 10th we have something come up that makes it so time and money don't allow something big, but this year we have our addition and we are about to send the kids to bed and enjoy watching TV in our family room.

Bill bought me the most beautiful multi-colored dozen roses, I'm not sure the picture does them justice. I can't get the picture to load so I will have to add them later. - - - I never got a picture and they are wilted now, but they were beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is has been that long. Lyle didn't believe me when I told him. I hope that you get that big celebration for the 25th. I am still waiting for my 5th and 10th big one too. :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. You guys look like teenagers in that picture! When you got married, I thought you seemed so old... I guess that was not the case. You were babies! 20 years... what a long time. The flowers were beautiful by the way (when I saw them yesterday) I was in a haze obviously and forgot to mention them.

    ReplyDelete