Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ammon's 12th Birthday . . .

It doesn't seem possible. It seems like just yesterday my mom was holding Ammon and admiring him and noticing that we have the same tongue. Of all my kids I think Ammon looks the most like me. The other kids look like me until you see a picture of Bill at their same age and then you can't even tell I had anything to do with their creation. But I have pictures of me that look a lot like a "girl" Ammon. He isn't fond of me saying that we look a like unless you throw in that he is ALL BOY. I remember him sitting up for the 1st time on my mom's front room floor and her so excited. Ammon will probably always mark time for me since he was only 6 months when my mom died, but as grateful as I am for the time I had with my mom and miss her I am equally grateful for the time I have had with my wonderful family.

Ammon's 12th Birthday . . . He was ordained by his dad to be a Deacon. Taft and Ammon are both now in the same Quorum. He is so excited. There are a lot of boys just older than him so it will be a big quorum, but in 11 year old scouts there were just 2. He has been able to go on a couple of Deacon scout camps already and has loved it. I am so proud of him and his decision to get the priesthood. He really has a strong testimony of the church. I hope that he always keeps it.


Jimmy came up for Ammon's ordination and brought his girlfriend, Natalie. It was really nice to get to know her. The kids all seemed to have a really good time with them.

And here is Heber saluting again. I don't notice until I upload the pictures onto the computer. I need to pay more attention so that every picture we have of him isn't saluting. I have been making more of an effort to have family pictures and now we seem to have a ton. Unfortunately none of them are that great. We need to get one that is really good of all of us.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is twelve. That means Johnny is getting older too. Good thing I'm not though. I have decided to take Julias take on age. I will always be 22...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, crazy that Jenny's kids are getting so old. I remember when I turned 12 and started going to YWs and I thought that was old, and I used to want to be older so I would feel like people would take me seriously... and now I feel like I'm 22 but I know I look much much older and still no one takes me seriously. I guess wisdom doesn't come with age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I already commented... but you must have changed your post since I looked at it... because it is different and more pictures!

    ReplyDelete